Are COVID-19 disinfecting UV lights safe to use in your home?
Samantha Martucci at Shore News Network explores the safety of in-home UV lighting based on Center for Disease Control guidance. When it comes to deploying UV lamps in your home, Ms. Marticci relates, the CDC says you have calculate the risks versus the reward. “Consider both the risks of UVC lamps to people and objects and the risk of incomplete inactivation of virus,” the CDC says on the subject. UVC lamps used for disinfection purposes may pose potential health and safety risks depending on the UVC wavelength, dose, and duration of radiation exposure. The risk may increase if the…
More from ProductMore posts in Product »
- PureAir Room 500 X from Vent-Axia Has Seven Stage Purification Process Including UV Sterililzation
- Toyoda Gosei Develops Compact UV-C LED Water Purification Device Applicable in Tight Spaces
- Dyson Humidifier with Ultraviolet Disinfection Makes 2023 Best of List
- Solar Windows from Ubiquitous Energy Convert Ultraviolet and Infrared Waves into Energy
- Orbitrap a Scaled-Down Drug Discovery Device Using Pulsing Ultraviolet Laser to Scan for Alien Life
Comments are closed.